My Shopping List
Mango Marinated Stone Crab Claws
Courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood & Aquaculture
Serve With:Servings: 4
Fresh seasonal vegetables.
Your favorite chilled beverage.
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
Marinate: 2 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 lbs. medium Florida stone crab claws, cooked
+ 2 c. ripe mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
+ 3 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
+ 1 to 2 Florida jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
+ 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
+ 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
+ Florida salad greens
What to do:
1. Crack claws; remove shell and movable pincer leaving meat attached to the remaining pincer. 2. Place in a single layer in a shallow dish.
3. To make salsa marinade: combine mango, cilantro, peppers, lime juice and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add more lime juice and/or brown sugar to taste.
4. Spoon the salsa mixture over the meaty part of crab claws.
5. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
6. Serve claws as an appetizer on a bed of salad greens with mango salsa on the side. Yields 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture Marketing
Calories: 132; Calories From Fat: 3; Total Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 45mg; Total Carbs: 19g; Protein: 60g;