My Shopping List
Thai Pork and Mango Salad
Courtesy of National Mango Board
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
·+ 1 pork tenderloin
·+ 2 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste
·+ 4 c. shredded coleslaw mixture (cabbage and carrots)
·+ 4 c. chopped romaine
·+ 1 c. baby bok choy (dark green leaves only)
·+ 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted, and diced
·+ 1 c. matchstick pieces red bell pepper
·+ 2 Tbsp. thin matchstick pieces peeled fresh ginger
Mango Mint Dressing:
+ 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and pureed
·+ 1 medium peeled and chopped shallot
·+ 1 sliced green onion
·+ 1/4 c. rice vinegar
·+ 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
·+ 2 tsp. sesame oil
·+ 1/2 tsp. salt
·+ 1 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves
What to do:
1. Season pork lightly with salt and pepper, then rub curry paste onto the surface of the meat.
2. Grill over medium coals for 20 to 25 min. or until pork has an internal temperature of 160°F, as measured with an instant-read thermometer. Remove from grill and let cool slightly.
3. Cut into strips and place in a large bowl with coleslaw, romaine, bok choy, mango, red pepper and ginger.
4. Drizzle with dressing and toss well to coat.
1. Puree mango, shallot, and green onion, rice vinegar, vegetable oil, sesame oil and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add fresh mint leaves and pulse until mint is chopped.
All photos © 2008 National Mango Board and used by permission of the National Mango Board. All rights reserved.